The high quality timber and traditional Dark Antique Oil finish makes for an outstanding outfit that continues to improve and age
Gliga III Dark Antique Oil Cello Series Outfit Complete with Professional Set Up
The original Gliga cello outfit, the standard Gliga III cello is finished in traditional oil finish that is hand applied, not sprayed. Oil varnish is softer and more flexible, and allows the timber to 'breathe' and age. As it is played the tone continues to improve as the sound 'opens up'. The attractive Dark Antique colour is consistently popular in the Australian market.
Like all Gliga instruments all fittings are of the highest quality. The solid ebony fingerboard and pegs are carefully shaped and fitted to the instrument. A Wittner Ultralight tailpiece is anchored to the sturdy ebony endpin with adjustable spike, and an aged maple bridge is included with the instrument.
Upon landing in Australia each cello is inspected before being made into outfits in our warehouse. On ordering you have the choice of Jargar Classic strings or a custom set made up from Opal A & D strings with Charm G & C. The outfit is completed with an FPS Professional padded bag and the FPS Brazilwood horsehair bow.
- Solid resonance spruce top
- Sycamore maple back, neck and sides
- Inlaid purfling
- Ebony pegs and fingerboard
- Wittner ultralight tailpiece with inbuilt adjusters
- Ebony plug with sturdy adjustable spike
- Aged maple bridge
- Choice of Opal A & D w/Charm G & C or Jargar Medium Blue strings
- Light flame
- Hand applied Dark Antique Oil varnish
- Stradivari pattern
- FPS Professional padded bag
- FPS brazilwood bow with ebony frog and horsehair
- Made in Romania
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.